Topband: ARRL 160M Contest Records

Ford Peterson ford at cmgate.com
Thu Apr 28 16:01:40 EDT 2005

The Historical spreadsheets have just been posted to the contest results article on the web.  It's a side bar link to the history for Top Ten, Section, Division, and Region records.  Or use this link...

http://www.arrl.org/members-only/contests/results/2004/160-Meters/sb4.html

The spreadsheets are in Excel format.  So if you have a copy of Excel you can look at how your score from 2004 fits into the history.

Each spreadsheet has two tabs.  The first tab contains the history back to 1997.  The second tab summarizes the scores that constitute a 'record' performance.

I have heard a few comments about how older history may contain bigger scores.  I will incorporate any verifiable record into the spreadsheet as long as it can be documented properly.  By 'properly' I mean that the score would have to be verifiable from the results.  If, for example, an older Section record can be identified, I would want to incorporate any changes into all 4 spreadsheets, as appropriate.

I started this process last year and didn't hear any complaints, so unless somebody demonstrates otherwise, these are the 'official' documents for tracking 'records' in the ARRL 160M contest.  The only official data set is the one on my computer, so funnel any changes to me, or to Dan Henderson at the ARRL.

I will be in VK / ZL for the next couple of weeks.  I seriously doubt I will be checking my email so be patient with the flames...

Enjoy...

Ford-N0FP
ford at cmgate.com