Topband: life in the band

Jon Zaimes AA1K jz73 at verizon.net
Mon Aug 1 06:20:26 EDT 2005

I've been pretty inactive since May, but with the dark path between Delaware and DU9 beginning a week or so ago, and with DU9/N0NM getting on the band again, I've been setting the alarm for before sunrise.  This morning despite S9 QRN at 0930z, I worked VK3ZL, KH6AT, VK6VZ, ZL3REX and ZL3IX (ZL3NB also called in but couldn't quite pull him out). Signals were S5-S9 -- and the QRN subsided as sunrise came (1002z today).

But no sign of DU9/N0NM today.

Last night I got home from work in time for C93DY's sunrise but no sign of them on any band at that hour. A bit later they showed up on 20m cw.

73/Jon AA1K
Felton, Delaware
www.aa1k.us