Topband: Signal/Noise.

Brad Rehm brehm at ptitest.com
Fri Aug 5 16:27:47 EDT 2005

"...I was recently able to pick up an MFJ 784B unit and after using it with
my Icom 751A my reception of weak CW signal's on the edge of the noise has
suddenly come alive.The tunable filter's are magic.

"Cheerio Bob VK3ZL..  "

Hi Bob,

I've also had success with the MFJ 1026.  I use the transmit antenna as the
primary and one of the Beverages as the sense antenna.  When the power lines
are noisy, the 1026 will take the noise floor from S7-S8 down to S1-S3.  (I
haven't been able to find the source, but I know what direction it's in.
Hi!)

To me this means we've got to use every tool at our disposal to be able to
hear well on top band.

73,
Brad, KV5V