Topband: May 2005 EET article about the DLM

Guy Olinger, K2AV olinger at bellsouth.net
Sat Aug 20 10:55:33 EDT 2005

>From "Tom Rauch":

"The apparent endorsement of the DLM antenna by the U of RI
does prove one thing....we need to work on our  educational
system and stop the backslide in science. The U of RI and
Vincent are now at the level of early 20th century antenna
technology."

It does appear that a lot of work that is in paper and filed away is
not making it to the easy medium of the searchable internet, and as
such is effectively disappearing along with those who understood or
created it at the time.

So we have a queer mix of modern work depending on assumptions or
ideas that need reworking in the original data, or starting back at
zero lacking reference to solid work already done. Both suffer from
lack of connection to original data lost out in paper stores.

73, Guy.

Scanned for viruses by Blue Coat
http://www.WinProxy.com/