Topband: ARRL 160 Contest

Ed Swynar gswynar at durham.net
Sat Dec 3 12:19:59 EST 2005

Conditions seemed to be pretty good here last night & this morning...actually worked my first "5T5" station on Top-Band!

This morning I managed to work Canada from the proverbial "...sea-to-shining-sea", per QSOs with both "VO1" & "VE7"...lots of west coast 7 & 6 types, too...

That's it for me, however --- tonight is the start of the AWA 1929 QSO Party, & I'll participating in it with a 1923-style push-pull Colpitts self-excited transmitter, & a 12-tube homebrewed superheterodyne...talk about a change of pace, too! Forty-plus QSOs will practically guarantee you a berth in the "Top Ten" box ---and this is a two weekend event!

Good luck with the contest, & vy

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ