Topband: No just for darkness any more

herbs@surfvi.com herbs at surfvi.com
Mon Dec 5 15:31:51 EST 2005

Quoting Tree <tree at kkn.net>:

> Was reading the e-mail and put out some CQs to see who was around.  Was
> happy to work a few locals (Or, WWa and EWa), but was surprised when
> W0ZTL called me with a good signal at 18:35 UTC.
>
> That's 1580 km - just short of 1000 miles.

Tree,

With Jeff, VY2ZM, up in the Canadian tundra and during the winter grey line
able to string Euro's during their daylight my only hope of even getting close
to him and not turning in a wimpy score is a massive solar flare. Even 20 foot
snow drifts one year did not stop his superb performance.

73

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ