Topband: 160 Contest

Rick N6PE n6pe at pacbell.net
Sat Dec 17 16:40:30 EST 2005

Usually I have been able to copy better on RX with the 30up/80 out L and 20-30 attenuation than on any loop I've tried.  This year I used an antique style  BC type turn loop in the shack and actually worked a few stations I could not hear on the L.

I didn't stay up late or get up early for any of the DX openings but did work most of the VEs, 6Y, HI, PR and VI on one or two calls..... thanks for the big ears guys.

Generally, I don't remember hearing anyone I didn't work, but there seemed to be a lack of NE stations this year.

It is always funs, thanks to all !!!

Rick Darwicki  -= N6PE =-