Topband: electric fence wire

Paul DeWitte K9OT k9ot at mhtc.net
Sun Jan 2 10:00:46 EST 2005

The electric fence tape that we can buy here locally is some kind of ribbon with wire woven into it.
The wire is stainless steel. very small diameter and I think prone to breakage. It is used here for the guys that want to move their fence regularly for rotational grazing and wind it up on a reel and then unwind it again in the new spot.
Without being any kind of expert on this I would guess it has much higher rsistance than aluminum wire.  I think that it is also more expensive than aluminum wire.

73 Paul K9OT