Topband: N4SU and (Repeat) Why didn't my post appear?

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Mon Jan 3 15:50:43 EST 2005

         I attended N4SU's funeral today and just wanted to remind any
who wanted to write a note to Dave's XYL Sonja.  I gave her copies
of the responses I've received so far and she appreciated them very
much.  I will see Sonja again within the next few weeks and will
take along any additional notes I receive.

         On the second topic, here's a repeat of the message I posted
November 30 for those of us whose memories are fading.  :-)

http://dayton.akorn.net/pipermail/topband/2004-November/020538.html

         This has long been in our guidelines (below) but I've let it slide
for awhile.  Now I'm seeing many unedited replies to replies to replies.
If you choose to do that, your posts will simply be deleted without any
notification.  Yes, some have unlimited bandwidth but it's plain and simple
mental laziness not to spend a few seconds editing rather than top-posting
to all previous replies.

         The choice is yours...either:

1. Edit previous relevant comments only (preferable), OR
2. Don't include ANY previous comments at all (next best), OR
3. Don't be surprised when your posts don't show up.

         Thanks in advance for your help in following our guidelines!

                                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV

Be considerate of other subscribers who have bandwidth limitations
and edit posts for succinctness (include ONLY relevant excerpts of
not allowed...please either edit relevant parts of prior messages or
delete them entirely. When responding to a specific individual, think
carefully before copying to the other 1174 of us on the reflector.