Topband: Conditions last night

W2pm at aol.com W2pm at aol.com
Fri Jan 7 10:20:15 EST 2005

Re condx last nite I already asked this directly of a couple posters but
wondering in general if there is widespread concurrence about condx as here at my
QTH in NNJ I found signal levels to be quite weak despite relatively low noise
levels. Signals were R5 mostly but I had to cascade in a second preamp on my
NE pennant to make copy somewhat more comfortable as even the local "QRM" of
moving my headset around my head would make me miss some copy on the signals
being so weak. I also noticed this on my Inverted L  which is an exceptional
noise magnet - when levels are "good" from EU I typcially can see those signals
pop out of the S8 plus crud floor on that antenna - last nite the crud level
was less than S5 yet very lite copy on the EU stuff - at least till 0430Z here
in NNJ.  73 de W2PM