Topband: TOP BAND OPENS TO EU from LEFT COAST

Josh xppq at ispwest.com
Sat Jan 8 06:48:58 EST 2005

 JUST GOT EMAIL  ( below)  FROM HA5JI
He was SOLID 579 last night in NEVADA
GREAT SIGNAL !   Nice to work UU4JMG also
- his signal was slowly  building to very good copy !

Josh N7XM

Subject: QSO on 160

Hello Josh !

I am very glad that we can make QSO on top band. The band was fantastic open for west coast.
Sorry I get QRM from K7CA because he call cq cq about 1 Khz down as me and many EU stns calling him with big QRO QRM.
When very weak stations call me than I not like use filters.  Many times I see your call in the cluster.

When you call me in pile up I was sure that you are but at early morning I forgot your original call sign HI !
Your signal was 579 in the clear !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My west coast QSOs on Jan 7. : W2VJN, N6TR, W7LR, W7IUV, N7DD, AE7H,  more W5 and W0.

Today morning west coast : WA7FKV, N7XM, W6JRY, K6KM , W7UT, KC7V, W9XQ/ND. About 15 east coast.
Sorry that more east coast stations call me very weak just when west coast open !

My rig here : IC775DSP and old ALPHA 77 SX /2.5KW
Antenna is a vertical polarization DELTALOOP apex shape from my crank up US TOWER( 90 ft high)

I use abt. 400-500 meter long beverage antenna in the wood. ( to day I will check it)

The WX is extrem now about +10C. (normal  is -10)

Thanks again the QSO !
Happy New Year 2005 !

73, Gyuri HA5JI  ha5ji at axelero.hu    (my station on QRZ.com)