Topband: Magic "T" Combiners

Joe Wilkowski k8fc at k8fc.com
Thu Jan 13 14:26:28 EST 2005

Folks, has anyone had experience in constructing a Magic "T" combiner ?  If so, can you provide me with your empirical data ?

  I have built a couple but have no way to verify the integrity of my work.  I am phasing two Pennants and I swear I see no difference in gain or rejection vs. one antenna.

 I have used BN202 binocular cores and using the impedance formulas for the core material  and constructing the transformer as a hybrid in-phase combiner with centertap  going to a 37.5 ohm resistor to ground and a carbon 150 ohm resistor across the entire transformer at the feed points.

To date I am underwhelmed with the performance of these Pennants. Any personal experience would be appreciated.

/joe k8fc