Topband: Magic 'T' Combiners

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Fri Jan 14 08:00:39 EST 2005

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but why can't two receiving antennas
in phase simply be connected by equal lengths of coax and a tee?  I know
that there will be a mismatch, but my impression is that the loss in most
cases due to SWR is not important at MF.

I'm putting together a 160M end-fire receiving array of two K9AY loops
end-fire, 130-foot spacing, with 180 degree phasing.  I had planned to
achieve the phasing by reversing the windings on the matching transformer
at one antenna, and tee-connecting the feedlines.  Not correct?

73, Pete N4ZR