Topband: Key-clicks FT1000MK-V field ?

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg at harts.org.hk
Tue Jan 18 19:43:57 EST 2005

It was once suggested to me that Yaesu's R&D differs in that different
teams deal with different products & stick to those products for the
life span of the product.

You can see disconnects that might be indicative of this - an example
being inconsistency with CAT commands & connectors.

Maybe clicks will go away in a post FT1k-series product.

Seeing the major rework done a few lots into the production of the
FT-847, it is odd that something hasn't been done about the clicks
at some point.  At some point, I would expect more face to be lost
for having done nothing than for the problem to have existed to
begin with.

73, VR2BrettGraham