Topband: last night prop. on 160m

ba4rf ba4rf at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 26 21:06:45 EST 2005

Hi OM,
   I am a new comer on top band. In Dec 2004, I using a slope antenna point
to NE(Japan/USA). because the limit of avaliable room, angle of the slope antenna
very big(about 60 degree) and very close the building(about 25m high).
   Last sunday, I setup a dipole for 160m, one arm of the dipole using the original
slope wire, put the end of other arm to another building near my house, so it is
about 20m above the ground.
   Last night,1310z after my son went sleep, I began call cq on 1825.5, after 2 or 3 times
CQ, KC7V answered my call, he is 559 with QSB. 2nd one is K8IA... I worked 12 stations
in half hour, all west coast stations except the VR2PX,WHOV and BD4ALC. Biggest signal
 from WH0V, he is 579 and stable.   Around 1350z noise is S9£«10db, have to went QRT.
   Now my biggest problem is local QRN, because I have no room to setup the rx antenna,
work east coast is a real challenge. Any advice for improve the SNR for limited room?

-------------
KC7V
K8IA
KR7X