Topband: Transceivers

Ralf dl3jj at arcor.de
Sat Jun 18 17:13:36 EDT 2005

Hallo and best regards from here !

I have an IC756 - very gd radio ! But he is in the ages now and shows some mirrors sometimes.
After checking the possible equipment (IC7800 is impossible for me ) I was frustrated.
Most of transceivers use only DSP to get usable results.

Now I´m in crisis : Which Transceiver should be used in the shack for  the lowbands ?
                           All bands over 14MHZ are VHF for me. Im not so interested in contests but need gd rx for pile up on low bands.

                           The really need is a LOW NOISE RX FOR DETECTING WEAK SIGNALS ON LOW BAND !

Now I think about K2 specialiced for CW only, FT1000MarkV (but has noisy rx) or Ten Tec Orion ( dont know the rx ! )

What do you think about this choice !

Can you help me with experiance ?

73 Ralf / DL3JJ