Topband: Full wave Loop on 160

Dale Smith newday at metrocast.net
Fri Mar 4 18:06:35 EST 2005

I have to agree with Barry,if i could only have one antenna it would be a
160 mtr horizontal loop.I have had one up for 5 years now goes through trees
in some spots,it is the best low band antenna i have ever used and just as
good as my tri bander at 80 ft some times.I have been using one at field day
the past two years,we don't put up a beam any more.We get comments like wow
you are the loudest on the band,or you almost knocked me out of my seat your
so loud.I feed mine with 450 ohm open wire through a balanced tuner,I guess
coax is ok but have never tried that.I could never understand that cloud
warmer stuff just isn;t so.I could go on and on.
73/dale/ka5who