Topband: FT5XO in the LOG !!

Josh xppq at ispwest.com
Tue Mar 29 12:48:56 EST 2005

What  a  thrill to work FT5XO this morning
at 1349 utc on Top Band!!!

My sunrise was 1347,  and as close as I can
figure THEIR sunset was 1317 -

They peaked real nicely at my sunrise !

It was very frustrating to be copying them well
while they were busy working JA stations today
but finally they heard the W6/ W7 crowd -
and the WEST coast crowd called in FORCE !!!

I have a new MANTRA  - repeat after me :

" EQUINOX    RULES   ANTIPODES ! "

Conditions seemed dim with just a few JA stations
coming thru earlier -  and FT5XO is using only 100 watts -
I am amazed and dumbfounded !!!

I hope I never become so JADED  that I find
no excitement in DXING !   I got pretty excited at the
time of THIS CONTACT !!

Josh san N7XM   Near Carson City ,Nevada