Topband: FT5XO reports

Roger Graves rgraves at uvic.ca
Tue Mar 29 16:30:10 EST 2005

All the recent reports on FT5XO times and paths on TOPBAND are very
interesting, thanks for the postings. You might recall that someone mentioned
here that there is a FT5XO/160 Mtr  reporting/archiving system set up at

www.dxmap.com

It would have been even more interesting to have seen all these reports
coming in this morning in real time with the originating station's qth plotted
on the map at dxmap.com. There seems to be very little posting activity there
so far. They do have means for back timestamping reports, so you could still
enter your reports for later analyses.

This was the first time I have heard FT5XO on 160. Signal came up above
my urban noise level at about 1345, I worked them as signal was building at
1352, they peaked a couple minutes later. My sunrise was 1357. They were
gone by 1400, but reappeared above noise at 1414 until finally disappearing
at 1429.

My XYL will also appreciate that the alarm won't be set for 0530 local tmrw
morning.

73,
Rod VE7VV
CN88