Topband: daylight DX

Jon Zaimes AA1K jz73 at verizon.net
Wed Nov 9 01:47:10 EST 2005

Tuesday at 1930z  -- two and a half hours before my sundown -- I was copying EA3JE CQing on 1830 kHz, peaking 569. The signal stayed in for 15-20 minutes with solid copy.

I tuned across the band but didn't find any other European signals. Tried CQing till I had to leave for work at 20z but didn't raise anything.

I'll be trying to keep an ear on the band around this time to see how early we can get a European QSO as the days get shorter in the coming weeks.

73/Jon AA1K