Topband: DX Engineering RX Four-Square

Phil Clements philc at texascellnet.com
Wed Nov 9 12:44:24 EST 2005

Several guys have asked me to give reports received about the 4-sq.

"Better than Beverage by 1/2 S unit on 80m, down 1/4 S unit from Beverage on
160m. F/B and F/S rejection 30-50 db."

"Two thumbs up!"

"Spend the money. You will be very pleased."

"During the contest there were at least 20 occasions where we could hear the
DX on the 4-sq. but nil on the TX antenna."

No reports of any flags, EWE's, pennants, or K9AY's beating out the
4-sq......the jury is still out, but this is apparently a very viable option
for those of us with 1-2 acre lots, and expeditioners.

Please keep those reports coming in! (philc at texascellnet.com)

(((73)))
Phil Clements, K5PC