Topband: Beverages

Calle Jonsson calle.c.jonsson at utb.boras.se
Wed Nov 16 08:33:50 EST 2005

I have tried beverages of different configuration over the past 20 years, but never succeded. My ground is very poor, dry and sandy. SM6DOI on the other hand has very good ground (100% wet blue clay). He has 6 beverages into different directions which work perfectly. Conclusion: The antennas that we call beverages are not really beverages but low terminated long wires. The original beverage antenna at Grimeton Radio (an old station who worked on the long wave band) was about 30 kilometres long and about 3 meters up.
73 Carl SM6CPY