Topband: Beverages

Calle Jonsson calle.c.jonsson at utb.boras.se
Thu Nov 17 06:30:28 EST 2005

I have tried beverages ranging from 40 - 400 mtrs over poor soil.They have been from 0,5 to 1,5 mtrs up. What strikes me is that SM6DOI:s beverages perform much better than mine did although they were exactly the same. (SM6DOI has very good ground). The antennas were very properly built by the books. I compared them with my xmitting antenna (2 phased vericals) but the beverage did not work better than the xmitting array.
Have anybody, living in poor soil country, tried to lay out one ore more ground wires simulating a "better" ground? I haven´t, but plan to do so soon. I bet it will work better.

73 Carl SM6CPY