Topband: WB4ENE - MRA (minimal reactance antenna)

Ken Crawley Ken at Crawley.org
Sun Nov 20 10:10:26 EST 2005

>On Behalf Of Guy Olinger, K2AV
Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2005 3:11 AM

"When you have a model for it, kindly share it with others for
analysis, both of modeling technique and results. You will never
escape the appearance of snake oil without peer review and careful
comparative measurements."

WB4ENE says:  Thanks Guy, I will share the analysis when it is nearly done.
I have a couple of configurations to set up.  In the past year I looked at
1st thru 3rd order fractal arrays for the capacity hat, multiple masts
extending around the circumference of the cylinder, and different diameters
of inner mast inside the cylinder (emitter grid).  I have hit the practical
limit, and my patience, for trying things without competent simulation (my
blast against EZNEC still stands because it can;t handle large surface areas
and sharp angles).  If I have questions or need help I will ask around.  To
recap:  the MRA has a proposed new "technology" or element geometry --> a
capacity "skirt" around the bottom of the monopole, along with a capacity
hat (which is proven).  And, it lacks the radial field.  Hmm, hat and skirt,
sounds like a well dressed antenna! ;)

For the guys with the real estate and zoning freedom to do a monopole the
classical way, great.  But for my situation, a 18 foot diameter circle in
the back yard is all I have. And there are folks who need an AM Broadcast
antenna that will fit in pieces on pallets on tactical aircraft and set up
in a very short time.

Oh, yes, I did put modified Gap Super C on the top of a HumVee for the
Marines to look at back in 2002.

'73
Ken, WB4ENE
http://ken.crawley.org