Topband: MFJ1025

Tree tree at kkn.net
Thu Nov 24 15:28:24 EST 2005

> I have looked through the manual but it fails to mention if there is any
> minimum spacing requirement between the Main antenna and the Noise antenna.
> Anyone have a feel for this or what seems to work well?

Well, it really depends on many things.  I used one to force two loaded
towers to be somewhat directive - which were about 100 feet apart.

If you are using it in the more traditional mode of a noise cancelling
device - you would want any antenna that picks up the noise - and not
so much signal - so you would probably want it to be at least a 1/4
wave away from your TX antenna - and small enough not to have much
mutual coupling.

Tree N6TR
tree at kkn.net