Topband: T vertical is up

flood@ixi.net flood at ixi.net
Mon Oct 3 10:00:24 EDT 2005

Before I get too far with the poor elevated radial system, perhaps I
should reconsider whether an on-the-ground radial system would be better.
I could bury *some* radials where I have soil to do so, but for the most
part they would be laying over rocky soil and underneath forest
litter/duff.

After reading through elevated radial info (ON4UN's material and topband
archives), I do not think I can get a decent elevated radial system in
because of my low height above ground, and I'm limited to 8 to 10 radials
due to availability of supports.

So, my choices ate this point are:

1.  8 elevated radials, 8 to 10 feet above very poor ground

2.  20 to 30 on-the-ground radials (perhaps 8 to 12 of them buried) over
very poor ground.