Topband: lets go west !

df2py@t-online.de df2py at t-online.de
Thu Oct 6 01:37:00 EDT 2005

Hi reflectees !
For us in Europe the season`s first westcoast appearing on 160 is always a real thrill. Shortly past 0400 i thought to hear traces of N6TR, but the QRN and QSB were terrible today in EU.At least for me it was later the first hookup for the season with Bob/N7UA on the coast ( 0414z), later Jim/N7JW frm the Utah desert had a comparable sig on topband (0442z).Even east coast sigs had pronounced QSB on them ( excluded here is W8JI ).
My statistic shows that west coast to EU starts normally about the third week of September, but that was masked by the solar irregularities we had around that timeframe.
Lets go west !   gl de wolf  df2py