Topband: Engineering ?? @ relays

LA5HE Ragnar Otterstad la5he at otterstad.dk
Thu Oct 20 14:49:20 EDT 2005

My quest for suitable relays continues.  Many have suggested that I simply
use vacuum devices.  This bullet-proof approach would be the natural 'fix'
to the problem of unreliable relay contacts.  At $38 each, the solution
would require 8 devices, costing around $300US.  All of my projects include
an 'engineering review' by the XYL, who is particularly thrifty with respect
to the family 'purse.'  After she watched me bury $500US of wire in the back
yard 2 weeks ago, this issue requires some sensitivity on my part.  I
suspect others can relate to my concerns.
---------------------------------------

May I suggest that you bring XYL over to the  Hamradio Fair in
Friederichshafen in June, put her up in one of the nice , small and
low-priced hotels.where she can sample the local wines .
Then you go to the big fleamarket, where you can but cheap Sovjet
manufactured vacuum relays, capacitors and other good stuff at very
attractive prices !

73

" RAG "  Ragnar Otterstad   LA5HE JW5HE OZ8RO

My photo website:
http://no.photos.yahoo.com/la5he

Located in Telemark - Home of skiing.
For more information about Telemark take a look at :
www.visittelemark.com     for more details.