Topband: Active this weekend...CU2JU

Ricardo cu2ju at clix.pt
Fri Oct 21 15:00:58 EDT 2005

Hello "TOPERS"

I have been reading some of very interesting reports the last few weeks, unfortunatly I didnt have
any chance to go to my ususal 160m weekend QTH!
I have been reading some of the reports of the interference (Jam..) whatever, i hope It doesnt
messes up to much the band around here.
Anyway folks, jsut to let you know I am hoping to call this evenning/mornning and the rest of the
weekend. I sure would love to hear those Alaska OM that have been active lately that would make my
day, or maybe my hole year hi!

As always, and for the moment, still working with the IC706Mk2G and the Longwire, and only 100
watts, and I will be around as always 1830 to 1837!

Please have in consideration two important things
I am still waiting for my CW Filter for the 706 hi (yes its hard specialy when at home I have the
IC718 with the 500KHz Filter hi but the 706 has good "tools"
Thing number two is that I use the same antenna for RX and TX, sometimes I notice people calling me,
I can barely hear them but as most of you have dedicated 160m systems and the RX antennas u will
probably hear me and I wont hear you, anyway I always do my best here, If i see the QRN is hard to
figth I wont insist hi!

Ok dear friends hope i can hear you this weekend, best of the best to all
PS: I dont have internet at weekend QTH so in any eventual repply I will get it monday!
--
73's de Ricardo Chaves
cu2ju at clix.pt
http://cu2ju.planetaclix.pt