Topband: UW0MF re: Asian Jammer

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Mon Oct 24 08:20:03 EDT 2005

VR2BG wrote:

 >As described by the guys in JA, this is not pulse & therefore
cannot be OTHR.

         Brett, I believe N7UA has come up with a plausible
explanation.  The recordings by YB5AQB are definitely
pulsed.  Recordings by N7UA, OH3XR and several JA's are
more like white noise jamming.  So there may be BOTH an
OTH radar AND a jammer to counter that radar.  We can
speculate about a couple of likely possibilities given
the area's politics:

BY <> BV
P5 <> HL

I believe it's unlikely that a jammer would suddenly
appear without a targeted signal to jam.  Let's hope both
parties tire of this soon.

                                         73,  Bill  W4ZV