Topband: UW0MF re: Asian Jammer

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg at harts.org.hk
Mon Oct 24 21:22:31 EDT 2005

W8JI added:

>  You are right Mr. BG.  It is not any sort of conventional
>OHR RADAR. The recordings I've heard are either some sort of
>information conveying  transmission or perhaps a
>non-reflective type of object monitoring.

YB5AQB is definitely hearing pulses.  VR2BG is not hearing
pulses, nor white noise.  JA reports white noise.  We're closest
to where ever we think this is coming from & unlike the Hainan
woodpecker on 40 & 80, we're seemingly not hearing the same
thing.

I hate to say this, but I wish I could hear the fish net buoys
again... at least when I heard one I knew that would be a station
I could work if it wasn't a buoy.

Isn't top band fun?  ;^)

73, VR2BrettGraham