Topband: W8JI FT1000MP MKV Click Modification

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Mon Oct 24 23:04:57 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji at contesting.com>

> I'd apply adjustable external bias to the ALC port and see
> if it helps you out Mike. Might do the trick.
>
> 73 Tom

Hi Tom,

I'll give that a try. The FT1K MKV accepts a 0 to -4V external
ALC input. It should a simple matter to hook up an external
supply and then examine how an ALC "preset" voltage effects
the leading edge characteristics.

BTW, I didn't see any evidence of overshoot in the RF envelope
of the FT1K MKV, even at its minimum RF output level. Admittedly
I don't have a storage scope, but the persistence of the phosphor
screen on the scope seems to be enough to give a pretty good
snapshot of the leading edge RF envelope.