Topband: hurray

Tom Whiteside tomw at ecpi.com
Tue Oct 25 10:19:01 EDT 2005

I had to chuckle at Tree's characterization of the suffering the non-East
coast has been under this week having to deal with all this 160M DX that
does not normally constrain our other activities.    Here in Texas, it has
been a really good week with lots of European station for a few nights in a
row.   Last night as I started listening, my Beverages all sounded goofy -
gotta figure that out today but was hearing plenty on the transmit antenna.

S58A was particularly loud - oddly, I could barely hear RA6AX and he is
usually really loud when the band is open.    To my surprise, I heard 4X4WN
CQing - I have tried to get David on 160M for YEARS but I had never heard
him this well before.    That was very cool - thanks, David!

Tom N5TW