Topband: BEVERAGES

N4BAA - Jose Castillo n4baa at cox.net
Mon Oct 31 20:55:26 EST 2005

Good Evening All,

Had the pleasure of operating with Dallas, W3PP at his QTH during
the CQWW SSB... Was fully floored as you probably guess (some of
you are smiling I know) at how well Dalas' beverages worked on
80/160.....

My "new" QTH (I am in the Navy so move around a LOT)...has a VERY
LARGE pretty much UNUSED city park.....and here is my question...
I will not be able to get away with running 1000 foot beverages
on poles....so my question concerns putting the beverage actually
on the ground....is this worth the effort?  What about a 2 or 3
wire beverage to make up for low signal strength?....

I can run up to 1000 plus feet to EU, one to JA, and one to VK/ZL
with ease....but want some input first...

Thank You,

Jose Castillo - N4BAA