Topband: Amidon Beads

Terry Hahn w7kw at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 10 14:20:43 EDT 2005

I found Gary, K9AY's, response to Louis's questions on the K9AY receiving antenna very interesting and as a result I have decided to change the FT-143-43 toroids in my K9AY to the Amidon binocular type he mentioned.

When I contacted Amidon to order some of the new cores I found that the FB77-6301 only has a single hole and is not binocular.  They also said the don't make a binocular version made with type 77 material.

Does anyone have the correct supplier and part number ?

73, Terry
W7KW