Topband: Reversible Beverage

Mike Bragassa bragassa at consolidated.net
Thu Sep 15 11:51:31 EDT 2005

What has been the experience of a reversible Beverage? I am looking at building two of these to optimize the diagonal of my property and cover four directions.
I will have a 9:1 Balun  and a terminating resistor at each end; switchable/selectable  by a 12 VDC relay at each end; controlled in the shack. The uncharged direction will be the more popular direction which will be the normal setup; radio---9:1---antenna---terminating resistor--ground.
For voltage to the 12VDC relays, I will use an Ameritron control box, only, w/ floating ground,  feeding four control lines to the appropriate four relays.

Does anyone see any problems with this setup and if so, any remedy (ies)..?

Thanks for any / all critiques and ideas.

Mike, K5UO