Topband: portable horizontal RX antenna from DX ENGINEERING

Josh xppq at ispwest.com
Thu Sep 29 14:45:08 EDT 2005

I see DX ENGINEERING has  come out with a nice
RX antenna using two 102" whips ( I think)
in horizontal configuration.   I wonder if
Tom W8JI  ( designer) or others on this reflector
know how it might compare to Pennent Loops or
K9AY loops or other RX antennas on TOP BAND????

can it work both 160m and 80m  without big compromise?

Is  mounting it up 20 ft an improvement over 5 feet
above ground?

I am in the country with moderate noise level .

I was thinking it would be wonderful TRAVEL
RX antenna on pole with TV rotor -  I myself
though it might prove a useful RECEIVE option
for my small property or operating PORTABLE
domestic or foreign.

Josh N7XM    high desert Northern Nevada