Topband: VA7LF Trans Pacific Testing

Steve McDonald jsm at gulfislands.com
Wed Apr 5 20:51:41 EDT 2006

Bill - don't know if this is OK for the reflector or not but if so, perhaps
you could post.

Since there are a number of topband ops out west with exceptionally good
ears,
VA7LF (South Pender Island, BC) will be looking for crossband LF cw - 160m
cw QSO's tonight from 0300UTC-0400UTC, before our New Zealand sked begins.
We are operating at our max erp with a large vertical located at the
southern tip of Pender Island and radials in the ocean.....a stone's throw
from Washington's San Juan Island.

We will be calling CQ on 137.788 KHz and QSX for replies on 1815KHz cw. We
were reported with a good audible cw signal in Whitehorse by VY1JA last
night. Look forward to working you on topband-LF.

Steve / VE7SL  with VA7LF group T-P site.