Topband: Elevated / Ground Radials

Adrian Rees rees.a at btconnect.com
Tue Aug 8 08:27:50 EDT 2006

Thanks to everyone who emailed info, both on and off list.

I am forunate in that the actual Towers (4 Square elements) are not yet in place. So I can run a tractor powered plough right accross the site, and put the radials in.

Because I am "nesting" two 4 Squares in side each other (I know I'll have to work hard to counter the interactions, and think I have that one covered), I will bury the topband radials 6 or 7 inches deep, and lay the 80m radials on the surface. For no other reason than ease of installation.

In total this will be something like 480 Radials at 60 per Vertical. An awful lot of wire!

73

Adrian MW1LCR