Topband: Thoughts on making low resistance joints between aluminiumtubing sections?

LA5HE Ragnar Otterstad la5he at otterstad.dk
Tue Aug 29 06:13:46 EDT 2006

I am very much aware that any joins between sections of a short vertical
radiator need particular care to produce as low a resistance as is possible
so as not to degrade the overall efficiency any further.

How do people tackle this problem (and it would include Yagi constructors)
of making low loss contacts at each section where an aluminium tube is
fitted into the previous section.

Are there better ways than say using sandpaper and lots of elbow grease to
make bright clean joins which are then covered in good conductive grease?

Back in the dark ages, antenna manufacturers used to include some sort of
grease with their antennas.  We used to call it " gain-grease".

Cannot remember what it was, but some other old fart may.

73

" RAG "  Ragnar Otterstad   LA5HE JW5HE OZ8RO

Located in Telemark - Home of skiing.

For more information about Telemark take a look at :
www.telemarksnett.no/en/index.html