Topband: Tripplite power outlet OPTION

Paul Christensen w9ac at arrl.net
Wed Dec 6 07:15:23 EST 2006

> The important thing is the coaxial cable shield be grounded
> to the power line safety ground at the strip, either
> directly or through a capacitor, and the telco line be
> bypassed the same way on the load side of the chokes I add.

Tom,

One thing to keep in mind when establishing secondary CATV grounding is that
the cable is, or should be, bonded to the AC common Xo ground at the cable
entrance point.  Typically, CATV companies install a "U" bracketed ground
block suppressor on the side of the home or apartment complex.

Paul, W9AC