Topband: VU7

robert briggs vk3zl at bigpond.com
Thu Dec 7 15:39:22 EST 2006

Hi all.Grinning this morning.After just about giving up hope of seeing
VU7 appear on topband I got up this morning an hour before sunrise and
there he was on 1832 working merrily away into Europe.I established his
qrv and put my call in and darned if he didn't come straight back.
Guess that's my Christmas present this year.
On a sadder note.The Easters half of VK3 is under massive bushfires at
this time and with continuing dry hot weather we are looking at a
catastrophe over the next week.My time is currently being taken up in
fire communications and I am not able to spare much time for Topband.The
fires are predicted to take at least 3 months to bring under control.
Regards to all.....Bob VK3ZL..