Topband: AK & HI on Topband

Dick Duccini blue356 at juno.com
Sat Dec 9 14:25:50 EST 2006

Although this was another contest and another time, I could not believe
my ears when I heard both Hawaii and Alaska a good solid s8 to s9 here in
Western North Carolina during the 11/26 CQWWDX test. Worked them both
within 15 minutes of each other with my 100 watts.  Already had WAS on
160 (with 100 watts & dipole from NC) but sure didn't do it in one
weekend or even in one year!!  Still need 40 more for DXCC but picked up
2 during the 160 DX test.  I always remind myself how long it took Stew
Perry to reach 100.
Happy Holidays & Good Propagation
Dick Duccini
K6VKO (Licensed 50 years ago this coming Thursday as KN6VKO)
Asheville NC