Topband: Inverted L questions

Tom Rauch w8ji at contesting.com
Sun Dec 10 19:07:48 EST 2006

> Yes, it was stateside, because the EU stations that I was
> able to
> copy (very weakly) on my Vee simply weren't there on the
> L, not even
> through the QRN.

You also have to watch conditions. The other day was one of
those rare days when everything vertical here worked poorly
and my low dipole was one of the better antennas. For me,
that happens about a half dozen times a year.

> I know that the L is a transmit antenna, for sure, but I'd
> figured
> that the vee being so low to the ground, and so deaf
> generally, that
> the L would hear a little better, if noisier.

Poor receiving does not mean poor transmitting, just as good
receiving does not mean good transmitting. :-)

How do they compare on transmitting?

73 Tom