Topband: PNW: Drop in noise level

Brian Moran brianmo at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 15 22:41:28 EST 2006

perhaps many have heard about the windstorm here in the Seattle area -- about 1 million utility customers don't have power in the Seattle area, mostly in the King County area. I'm one of the powerless customers, but am running a generator sporadically.

  On 160m, the noise levels have gone down dramatically (S0 vs. S3-5); it's interesting hearing folks from the east coast barely above the noise. Perhaps later it'll be possible to hear some EU stations. There are some estimates of the power being off for DAYS (especially where we are).

  Brian N9ADG