Topband: Antenna Analyzer

George Wallner gwallner at the-beach.net
Sun Dec 24 09:51:50 EST 2006

I just got an AEA VIA (antenna) analyzer to "calibrate" some of my modeling.
My 21 meter tall vertical is picking up a lot of signals (especially AM BC)
that swamp the SWR and R/X readings, especially at 1.8MHz.

Is there a good solution for this problem? (Other than filters.)

I am surprised that the instrument only has a 5dBm output, when a decent
size antenna in an urban environment could pick up several dBm worth of
signals. (The AEA VIA seems to work great for everything else; but not for
antennas...)

TKS,

George
AA7JV