Topband: FK8CP Amplifier Tubes

Carsten Esch carsten.esch at appello.de
Thu Dec 28 14:21:43 EST 2006

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: topband-bounces at contesting.com [mailto:topband-bounces at contesting.com]
Im Auftrag von Ron vk3io
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 27. Dezember 2006 13:21
An: topband at contesting.com
Betreff: Topband: FK8CP Amplifier Tubes

Hello all and Happy new Year.

I did have a qso with Remi tonight and asked him again about his amplifier
and tube problems.

He said the amplifier was an Alpha 87 and he is sure it is only the tubes
that were corroded, as the visual inspection of the sockets show they are
OK, but it is possible that some other components maybe be also affected
that will not be obvious with a visual inspection.

He also said the amplifier has some other minor problems, but they are not
related to the sockets and don't affect him using the amp.

He also said a German station did send him a Fax and said maybe he will be
able to find him some tubes.

Also there are many other stations looking for someone to coordinate
donations towards buying some tubes, so I am prepared to do this for Remi.

I don't know if it necessary to buy new tubes, but from what I have read on
this topband reflector, these 3CX800A7 tubes seem to be very fragile and
second hand ones may turn out to be DOA (Dead On Arrival).

I have a PayPal account which is vk3io at iinet.net.au

So thank you all for your interest and generousity.

Cheerio from Ron.

---

I am the German station Remi mentioned ... I exchanged quite some faxes with
Remi the last days and because feedback from 'the topband reflector group'
was low Fausto I4EAT and I decided to continue anyway ...
Fausto has a pair of used tubes he will try in his 6m amp - if they are ok I
will pay shipping to Remi ... Of course it would be nice if some more guys
from the reflector will help so that Fausto gets a pair back.
We should really organise this - it does not make much sense to ship several
pairs to New Caledonia ...
I got offers from DF9OX and DL1AMQ so far ...

Regards,

Carsten, DL6LAU