Topband: Contesting observations

Raoul Coetzee raoulc at spicape.co.za
Thu Feb 2 08:09:03 EST 2006

Dave,W0FLS wrote:

>7.  We have a long way to go to get the key click problems cleaned up
>(thanks Yeasu).  i Heard some big gun run stations blasting away with +/- 5
>Khz clicks.

Yes, there are many clicking Yeasus but I am sure there are many other
reasons for clicks that now conveniently gets blamed on FT1000's!
All of us should perform some basic  checks frequently, not only for our
equipments sake , but for our  neibours and ham neighbours sake as well.

Oh, and by the way conditions were poor for the contest to South Africa.I
could only hear the strong stations and many of them could not hear me.
  Well, life carries on maybe better conditions next time.

73
Raoul Coetzee ZS1REC

Please note my new email :raoulc at smmcape.co.za