Topband: CQ 160 WW experience

Jon Zaimes AA1K jz73 at verizon.net
Fri Feb 3 02:02:51 EST 2006

>I have to share this story...  back in the 1990 CQ 160, I found myself in
>Texas at the QTH of N5KO / WN4KKN.  We had a spotlight European opening
>(putting about 50 of them in the log) and we worked Europe right over AA1K
>who was evidently not in the spotlight.
>
>:-)
>
>Tree N6TR
Good one Tree!

I see this many nights from the mobile.....The nights the band is "short" and I can work loud Europeans from the car, I hear few if any of the left coast making it across.

But the nights the band is "long" and the west coast is racking up the Europeans, I find Eu very weak and just enjoy listening to the W6/W7 having a good time.

73/Jon AA1K
www.aa1k.us (47 countries from the mobile on 160)