Topband: 160m solid state amp; search results

Dick knaap159 at zonnet.nl
Mon Feb 20 13:35:12 EST 2006

First off all thanks to those who send me information.

Actually I found 3 possible designs:

--WA1GFZ, Frank with 22x FQA11N90 in class E , unfortunatly I cannot run it
as an amplfier behind
   a tranceiver........this design is capable of producing over 1kW on 160m
(article QEX Nov/Dec 2005)

--G3YXM using 4 FET's APT20M45BVR or IXFH58N20 givng about 700W on 160m,
running at around 50V
   (http://www.wireless.org.uk/throb.htm)
--DL9AH using 32xIRF710 also about 750W on 160m, system runs on 100V

For simplicity the G3YXM is ideal, but the 4 FET's costs a lot more then the
32 IRF's in DL9AH design.....

If anyone has other idea's or experiences with one of these designs, than
please let me know.....

73

Dick, PA4VHF